I've Moved!

Head on over to The Renaissance Housewife to reconnect.

Friday, July 11, 2014

Lambs Quarter for Lunch



Hey guys! This Friday's post is going to be a quickie, since I've been busy with garden and family & friends this past week. It's all about one of my favorite weeds: lambs quarter.

It's free, it's all over, and it can actually taste half-decent if it's cooked right and eaten with enough salt. It's actually a lot like spinach, which I'm not a fan of, but apparently it's good for you.

In the wild...
Basically what you want to do is steam the lambs quarter leaves (I don't do the stem) in a bit of water until it goes limp. You can add salt before or after the steaming. It would be interesting to try some other spices and see if it can be made more palatable.

What's the weirdest thing you've had for lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment